1 Cup Basmati Rice
2 Cups Mix Chopped Veggies (Green Peas, French Beans & Carrots)
1 Tbsp Ghee / Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Bay Leaf
1 Inch Cinnamon Stick
1 Finely Chopped Green Chilli
½ Tsp Grated Ginger
1 Finely Chopped Onion
1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
2½ Cups Water
Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Wash the rice thoroughly until the starch runs out and you see clear water.
- Soak this rice in enough water for 30 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- In the meantime, heat Ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Splutter Cumin Seeds.
- Add the Bay Leaf, Peppercorns, Cinnamon Stick & Cloves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped Green Chillis, Grated Ginger. Fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add chopped Onions and saute until translucent.
- Now add the chopped mixed vegetables. I used Carrots, french Beans & Green Peas, You can use other veggies too. Mix well.
- Add in the soaked rice, mix everything gently and sauté on a medium flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Now add in the Garam Masala and Salt.
- Also add 2 ½ cups of hot water. Mix well & close the lid with the whistle on.
- Pressure cook on high flame for 2 whistles.
- Switch off flame & allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add Coriander leaves and fork the rice to let the grains separate before serving.