So easy yet so tasty! This is how my mother-in-law makes and I love it this way!
250 Grams Parwal
1 Tbsp Mustard Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Optional)
Salt to Taste
- Wash and chop off the edges of the Parwal. Now slice them into halves and halve them again. So you’ll have 4 pieces of each Parwal. Discard any black or brown tough seeds. You can scrape them off or take them out with the help of a pointed knife.
- In a pan, heat Mustard oil. You can use regular oil but taste is always better with Mustard oil.
- When the oil starts to smoke, add Cumin Seeds and let it splutter.
- Lower the flame and add Parwal and mix well.
- Stir and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low flame stirring occasionally until they soften. You can do a sample taste test to see if they are cooked. Takes around 5-10 minutes.
- Add Salt, Turmeric Powder and Chilli Powder. You can also add Coriander Powder.
- Mix well and cook for another 1-2 minutes covered.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with Rice or Rotis.