We all love a good bagel, don’t we? The preparation is quite similar to a sandwich or a burger, yet bagels hit so different! Since Bagels have a chewy dense texture with a shiny crust, when combined with cream cheese, veggies and the right spices, it can liven up any bad day! So here’s a quick, easy recipe you can devour for breakfast or a quick 5 pm snack!
- I haven’t mentioned measurements since it will vary depending on the number of bagels you make and also it doesn’t matter if you put a little extra.
- Run a knife through the centre of your bagel buns to divide it into halves. I’ve used the ones with sesame seeds.
- Place all the flatter sides of the bagels on the countertop or a big tray.
- Now apply a generous amount of Cream Cheese on each part.
- Drizzle some Mustard Sauce over this. If you don’t have it, skip or use a pinch of coarsely ground mustard seeds on each.
- Now top this with Lettuce Leaves. You can use cabbage leaves or any other soft crunchy salad leaves. Iceberg or Basil Leaves would work as well.
- Now layer this with slices of Tomato/Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber and Onion. I use 4 thin slices most times on each bagel. You can use more or less. Fancy an Avocado? Well, you can add a slice of that too!
- If you eat seafood, you can add a slice of smoked salmon too!
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
- If you have some extra cream cheese left, you can use it on the other half of the bun and close the bun. If the buns you’ve got don’t have sesame seeds on them, you can even sprinkle some black and white roasted sesame seeds for a nutty flavour.
- Bagels are ready to eat!
- Serve them with Chips or Fries 🙂
- TIP: If the Bagel Buns seem too hard to bite into and you prefer a little less hard, after you halve them, you can microwave for 20-30 seconds until they just soften a little bit and then proceed with the filling.
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE