Lentils are so full of protein and vitamins, you must include this in your diet especially if you are a vegetarian/vegan. Spinach on the other hand is a nutrient-rich green veggie. The combination of both is great for anyone planning to eat a healthy meal. All in all, this recipe works great for the heart, helps maintain blood glucose levels, good for weight-watchers, is fibre rich, supports bone health, boosts immunity, is loaded with essential nutrients and makes for a great soup or a side with rice or flatbread. This is also Gluten Free, Vegan, Healthy and Super Delicious!Continue reading “CHANA DAL PALAK | SPINACH WITH SPLIT CHICKPEAS”
Lauki or Bottle Gourd is a super nutritious vegetable not liked by many and therefore combining this vegetable with Chana Dal or Split Chickpeas (Bengal Gram) makes for a healthy and delicious gravy that can be served as an additional dish along with your favorite sabji. This is a super easy recipe and I’ve given 2 variations.
Please do leave your comments below and join my blog for more such easy, delicious, healthy recipes. Click on the Subscribe Pop-up to join my blog to receive a free e-book on Top 10 Indian Kitchen Hacks. Limited to 1000 subscribers only.Continue reading “LAUKI CHANA DAL | BOTTLE GOURD IN SPLIT CHICKPEAS DAHL”
1/4 Cup Whole Masoor
1/4 Cup Toor dal
1/4 Cup Chana dal
1/4 Cup Urad dal
Salt as per taste
1 Tbsp Ghee
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Tsp Asafetida (Hing)
- Wash the dals until the water runs clear and soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the water and add this to the Pressure cooker with a little salt and enough water.
- Give one whistle on high flame and 2-3 whistles on low-medium flame. Switch off
- Open when the steam escapes. You don’t need to blend the dal into a smooth paste. Just mix with a spoon and check if they are cooked. If not you can give another whistle or two.
- Now in a heavy bottom pan or Tadka Kadhai, heat Ghee.
- Splutter Cumin Seeds. Switch off flame.
- Add the Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder and Asafoetida Powder. Mix well and add this to the cooked Dal.
- Your dal is ready! Serve with Naan, Roti, Toasted Bread, Baati or Rice!