Another favorite breakfast egg recipe which takes just 10 mins to make, uses very basic ingredients, but tastes extraordinary. The burst of flavours from the fresh veggies and spices with the softness of bread, makes this recipe even more tempting. This recipe was invented by my mum and all the credits go to her. She named this Egg Pizza because of the round shape that resembles a pizza and also the veggies look like toppings. I lost her in 2019 and haven’t eaten this since. A few days back I was going through some old photographs and found an image of this recipe. The next morning I made this for breakfast and my husband loved it. So I’m pretty sure you will enjoy this recipe too.Continue reading “EGG BREAD PIZZA”
It may be necessary for some, but I really don’t believe in following measurements. I just add according to what feels right in terms of texture and consistency. Also constant tasting after ever step helps you know how you are progressing with the recipe. You can always go a little here and there with the ingredients to suit your taste buds. That shouldn’t be a problem. A little common sense is required especially when using spices and salt! If you are trying something new, try with a lesser quantity so that even if you fail, you’ll always have another chance at doing something better than your first attempt. So don’t stress. Cooking is fun!
I love colorful food and try to use a lot of vegetables. It not only looks beautiful, but it is highly nutritious too.
So here’s what I experimented the other day at home. It’s a Pizza that tastes amazing; looks gorgeous and your tummy will thank you for the healthy treat!
Do try it out and comment below on what’s your take on it. If you’ve tried your very own twist, post your versions here and I’d love to try those out too! So here goes the recipe for today…
Cauliflower Crust Tava Pizza!
Ingredients (Pizza Base)
- Boiled Cauliflower – A quarter approx.
- Boiled & Peeled Potatoes – A Medium Sized approx.
- Grated Cheddar Cheese – A small slice is what I used. You can add more.
- Amul Garlic & Herbs Butter – A small slice again.
- All purpose Flour – 1 Tbsp approx. You can avoid this or replace with any Gluten Free flour like Almond flour.
- Egg – 1 whole egg. You can avoid this too if you are a pure vegetarian or add some Chia seeds mixed with water after it thickens .
- Salt – As per your taste.
Ingredients (Pizza Sauce)
- Onion – 1 small onion to medium, roughly sliced.
- Garlic Cloves – 3 or 4 is fine.
- Dried Chilli or Chilli Flakes – Just 1/4th
- Tomato Ketchup – 3 Tbsp or you can add Tomato Puree
- Butter – Very little.
- Salt – As per your taste.
- Tomatoes – 1 should be enough.
- Baby corn – 2 to 4.
- Bell Peppers – Quarter of yellow, red and/or green.
- Jalapeños – I used 5 sliced homemade pickled Jalapeños.
- Pepper Corns – Around 5 crushed/powdered.
- Oil/Butter & Oregano – Very little to Sauté & for taste. Or you can use Amul Garlic Herbs Butter.
- Salt – As per your taste.
Method: (Start With The Base)
- Take a deep bowl and add all the ingredients – Cauliflower, Potato, All Purpose Flour, Whole Egg, Amul Garlic & Herbs Butter, Grated Cheese and Salt. If you do not have the herbs butter, you can add oregano and sautéed garlic to the mixture.
- Mash all the ingredients so that all of them get blended really well. You need not necessarily make this into a smooth paste. The consistency should be that of a paste. If you feel the mixture is dry, then add a little milk cream or water. If the mixture is watery, then add a little more flour to thicken the mixture.
- Take a non-stick tava (pan) and grease it with the Amul garlic & herbs butter.
- Pour the mixture and spread it evenly on the tava.
- The texture should look somewhat like this :
- If you want the base to be on the crispier side, apply a thin layer on the pan. I poured the entire mixture to create a thick base that’s soft and creamy.
- Place the pan on the gas on a medium flame and let it cook well. It will easily come off from the pan and when it’s a light brown shade, flip over. You can take a plate and slide it on the plate from the tava and then flip the plate over on the pan to avoid breaking the base.
- It will look like this, once it is cooked well on both sides. Switch off the flame and keep aside in the same pan. We need this later after the toppings come in. You can also eat it like that because it tastes good too!
Method: (The Pizza Sauce)
- In another non-stick pan, add butter and once it is hot, sliced onions, Sauté till light brown.
- Add whole garlic cloves, dried chilli or chilli flakes and switch off the gas once you get a mild fragrance from the garlic.
- Let it cool and then transfer it in a grinder.
- Add salt and tomato ketchup. You can use fresh tomato puree as well. I used a Tomato ketchup that already had onion and garlic. So it tasted better.
- Blend all the ingredients in the mixer and spread the sauce over the pizza base evenly.
- Here’s what it looked like on my pizza base:
- In the same pan, add a little butter if required.
- Add to this, the cut vegetables – Tomatoes & Baby Corn. Add Bell Peppers. You can add Chicken, Paneer (Cottage Cheese) & Mushrooms too if you want more taste.
- Add pickled Jalapeños and sauté for sometime till everything is cooked through.
- Add salt & herbs to taste.
- Get the pizza base that has been spread with pizza sauce.
- Equally distribute the sautéed vegetables on top of the base covering it completely.
- Sprinkle Pepper powder.
- Switch on the gas and again heat it on medium flame to warm it.
- Last but not the least, grate some cheese over the pizza.
- Take it off the gas, slice it in equal portions and serve.