This is a quick, easy, tasty and healthy recipe for breakfast or lunch. This masaledaar bhurji is a great alternative for vegetarians. This protein packed recipe is an ideal breakfast option. I’ve tried this with Malai Paneer, but you can use regular fresh Paneer as well or replace with eggs to make Anda Bhurji.
200 Grams Malai Paneer / 3 Eggs
2 Tsp Oil
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Green Chilli
1/2 Inch Ginger & 3 Garlic Cloves Paste
1/4 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Tandoori Chicken Masala or Garam Masala
2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- In a wide pan, heat oil. I used Olive Oil.
- Splutter Cumin Seeds.
- Now add the chopped Green Chilli.
- Add a finely chopped Onion.
- Sauté for a few minutes.
- Now add the Ginger Garlic paste.
- Sauté until the onions brown a little.
- Add finely chopped Tomato.
- Add Salt to this and sauté until the Tomatoes soften.
- Now add the spice powders – Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder and Tandoori Chicken Masala. The Masala is 100% veg. If you don’t have this, use Garam Masala. Adjust the spice accordingly.
- Mix everything well and cook for a minute.
- Now scramble the Malai Paneer and add to the masala. You can use eggs instead!
- Gently combine everything. Malai Paneer is extremely soft as the name suggests and very dense, quite creamy. So you don’t want to mash everything and make it look all pasty. So be extremely careful while mixing it. You can use normal fresh Paneer too. Avoid packed Paneer since they are a little chewy and hard.
- Cook for a minute more and add chopped Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with crispy bread toast or serve in a Pav (Dinner Roll) for breakfast or you can eat this at Lunch with Roti or Naan.
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE
Divyashree Mangalorkar Gupta
TRAVEL & FOOD ENTHUSIAST
6 Countries & many more to go
200 Grams Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
1 Green Chilli
1 Inch Garlic
4-5 Garlic Cloves
1 Tbsp Butter/Oil
2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Tsp Chilli Powder
2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
Handful of Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
- Bring Paneer to Room Temperature if refrigerated. You can soak it in water for sometime too. Wash and roughly crumble Fresh Paneer.
- Make a paste out of Green Chilli, Ginger & Garlic
- Chop Onions & Tomatoes.
- Melt Butter in a pan.
- Add fresh Green Chilli, Ginger & Garlic paste.
- Add chopped Onions. Sauté till lightly brown.
- Add chopped Tomatoes. Cook until they soften.
- Add Salt.
- Add Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala Powder and cook for a few minutes.
- Add crumbled Paneer. Blend in well with the masala and cook for another 2 minutes. Don’t overcook.
- Add Coriander Leaves. Mix & serve hot with Rotis.
- You can also eat this with Bread Toast or avoid carbs and simply pair this with fresh Salad and Avocados.