1 Cup Flaxseed Powder
2/3 Cup Boiling Hot Water
Salt as per taste
2-3 Lettuce Leaves/ Iceberg/ Any other Salad Leaves/Cabbage
3 Slices Tomato/ Cherry Tomatoes
2 Cucumber Sticks
2-3 Onion Slices
1 slice Avocado (Optional)
Drizzle of Lemon Juice
Drizzle of Tahini (Optional)
1 Tbsp Feta/ Cream Cheese/ Sour Cream
1 Tsp Mint Leaves (Optional)
Any Keto/Diet Friendly Hot Sauce
Salt & Pepper as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, add Flaxseed Powder and Salt.
- You can make the Flaxseed Powder easily at home. Just grind whole roasted Flaxseeds in your small Chutney Grinder or high-speed blender till you achieve a fine powder. You can use store bought flaxseed meal too, but make sure it is ground into a fine powder. If it isn’t, then pulse it in your grinder until you don’t see pieces of the seeds.
- This can be made with Golden Flaxseeds (Linseed) as well. The colour will be lighter and the taste milder than brown Flaxseeds. Both have the same nutrition properties.
- Now add boiling hot water to your flaxseed salt mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- Keep mixing this until it forms a non-sticky pliable dough. This should take around 3-5 minutes.
- Add more Flax powder if the dough is sticking to your hands.
- Now divide into small balls and roll each ball into a tortilla between 2 parchment paper. You can use a plastic or silicone sheet instead.
- Try to get as thin as possible.
- You can use a round bowl to mould into a perfectly round tortilla. I don’t do that because it’s just too much work for me.
- Heat a well seasoned cast iron pan or any non-stick pan on medium.
- Place this rolled out tortilla on the pan and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully, flip to eventually cook both sides well.
- You don’t have to cook this for long since the flaxseeds are already well roasted and cooked. So if you wish to use this as a wrap, then cook minimal, but if you need it to be a little harder/crispier, like a thin crust base for your veggies or if you want to make tortilla chips, then you can cook further till you achieve that.
- Place the tortilla on a plate.
- Now let’s fill this with some veggies and dressing and make it palatable.
- Start with a leafy base, like Salad Leaves of your choice. You can use Cabbage too.
- Layer this with Sliced Tomatoes, Onions and Cucumber Sticks.
- This is optional, but you can add a few slices of Avocado too. I haven’t tried, but should go well.
- Spread some Mint Leaves over this. Optional.
- Drizzle with some Lemon Juice, Tahini Sauce (Optional) and any Hot Sauce of your choice. Even a little Feta/ Cream Cheese/ Sour Cream should go well.
- Sprinkle Salt & Pepper as per taste.
- Roll it like a wrap and enjoy a healthy, filling, omega-3 packed Vegan – Gluten Free and Keto Friendly wrap.
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE FOR MORE SUCH STORIES
LOVE . LIGHT . HAPPINESS . PEACE