1/4 Cup Whole Masoor
1/4 Cup Toor dal
1/4 Cup Chana dal
1/4 Cup Urad dal
Salt as per taste
1 Tbsp Ghee
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Tsp Asafetida (Hing)
- Wash the dals until the water runs clear and soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the water and add this to the Pressure cooker with a little salt and enough water.
- Give one whistle on high flame and 2-3 whistles on low-medium flame. Switch off
- Open when the steam escapes. You don’t need to blend the dal into a smooth paste. Just mix with a spoon and check if they are cooked. If not you can give another whistle or two.
- Now in a heavy bottom pan or Tadka Kadhai, heat Ghee.
- Splutter Cumin Seeds. Switch off flame.
- Add the Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder and Asafoetida Powder. Mix well and add this to the cooked Dal.
- Your dal is ready! Serve with Naan, Roti, Toasted Bread, Baati or Rice!